Thursday, February 28, 2008

dive into the fish bowl.

Welcome to my new blog, memoirs of a guppy fish!

I've been having so much fun with laughing alone in the dark, that I thought I'd go nuts and start a second blog.

What can you expect to find here?

Well, the guppy fish bowl is strictly for storytelling. Here you'll find anecdotes about my travels, details about my jobs, memories from my childhood and musings about my life so far. I wanted these memoirs to have their own home, free from the confusion and angst of a daily mommy-blog like laughing alone in the dark, so here it is.

As I've mentioned before, I love genealogy and I really wish I had more information about my ancestors. Particularly chronicles of their experiences, jobs and travels. One of my great great great uncles saved the life of the Boy Emperor of China during the Boxer Rebellion. Cool, huh? Not really, because that's all I know. Another one of my ancestors fled Russia under the cover of darkness during the Russian Revolution, but that's all I know about that too.

I hope one day my descendants are as interested to know about my life as I am to know about my ancestors.

Memoirs of a guppy fish is a place to record my life just in case they are.

I don't plan on dumping something into the fish bowl every day. There will probably be a new post every few weeks; or more often as the mood strikes. If you're interested, don't worry about checking in. I'll post a little note on laughing alone in the dark when there's something new here.

Now go check out my last post (below). It's new.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Wow. What exciting relatives you have. Mine just starting World War 1. Just kidding. To be honest and this is no joke. I am related to the Mother Goose. We have the story of it from generations of Fosters. She married Mr. Goose and made stories to help with his brood. The stories were published by her brother in law and the rest is history.

david mcmahon said...

What a great start. Do keep me informed of the progress of this blog. Great name for the blog, too!